New baby black aro

cyberhog05

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2009
Western Montucky
Well I dove in and got myself a baby black from snookn21. It arrived with two others all in good shape and looking healthy. I did loads of reading to prepare for his arrival. Yes I am equipped to deal with a large aro when the time arrives. So let's get that out of the way now. He will have a 90 gallon tank to him self for life........... Just kidding. He has ample grow out tanks in my possession already and final home in storage. And no its not a 90gallon it's hundreds of gallons;-) Anyway I'm quite shy with this fish meaning that the research I have done has left me wondering what to expect the next few days while he settles in? I have a fully cycled 30gal set up in my room dimly lit with some fake plants on top for cover. Hob filter with the current baffled by the plant so he doesn't have to Stuggle in it. Some hikari gold pellets, fd blood worms and some aro sticks on order. Temp is 82°and all water params are spot on.

As of now he seems to be resting in the plant probably scared to death and recovering from his thousands of miles of travel he's endured in his short life. Asking himself how could I of ended up in Montana! What else could I be missing for the future with this little guy? I would appreciate any suggestions or stories you would like to share. Thanks

Signature

uploadfromtaptalk1395867333603.jpg

Reactions: jjollie and raubiy

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Leave no holes uncovered, top needs to be sealed and secure. eventually weighted. Enjoy the colors now as they will start to fade in a month or so.

AquataHolic420

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2006
Neeeew Hampshaaa
No egg sacs?? NICE! I wanted to get some from him a few months back, but I didn't want to accidentally kill them. I see the price went up, I should have bought some!:swear::duh:

cyberhog05

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2009
Western Montucky
A friend and I got 3, he took 2 home. One still had a sack and sadly it didn't make it through the night. Mine on the other hand finally ate pellets today. Was stoked!!!!

Signature

cyberhog05

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2009
Western Montucky
It's been a week almost. He's eating voraciously. Sits in the fake plants most the day unless I drop pellets in, then he eats and goes back to lounging. He is very active at night. Doesn't stop moving at all. I have a humidifier in my room for my 4month old son and b it has a super bright blue light on it so I can watch him swim all over. Getting a little more comfortable in the idea he's going to thrive but I am still very cautious with him and staying on top the water quality and removing any uneaten pellets.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store