Tankmates for a silver arowana and datnoid

zombie0927

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2013
matgate florida
I have a 6inch silver arowana and 3inch datnoid in a 55 grow out tank. Im looking for some tankmate ideas and sugestions. There going to end up in a 180 octagon tank and eventually the arowana will end up in a pond. I was thinking of a stingray beacuse its a octogon tank but I dont know to much about them . so before I spend countless hours reading I wanted to know if its even possible

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
I've read alot about stingrays, with aros. No personal expirience, so this is all 2hand info.

The first you gotta think about is if you have tank size for rays. The smallest species of Potamotrygon need 3' wide tanks, maybe you can go a little smaller like 30", but thats the smallest species like, Hystrix, Reticulatus and Scobina.
I know people would keep these succesfully with both black,silver and asian aros (Not these species, but small rays) So basically no stingray is gonna fit in the 180 :) Depending, on what kinda of pond you have, rays could be there.
If you only feed every other day, so a crazy feeding frenzy happends, the stingrays might hit the aros (Or any other fish) with its stinger, wich can be fatal for the fish. Stingrays are predators, so if its a small aro, its most likely gonna be eaten. Remember, rays dont just have a stinger, there whole end of the tale is like a dagger with small spikes, soaked in venom.

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
stingrays are illegal in FLA

stantheman168

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2013
Syracuse NY
I have a 6inch silver arowana and 3inch datnoid in a 55 grow out tank. Im looking for some tankmate ideas and sugestions. There going to end up in a 180 octagon tank and eventually the arowana will end up in a pond. I was thinking of a stingray beacuse its a octogon tank but I dont know to much about them . so before I spend countless hours reading I wanted to know if its even possible

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
i have a 20" sliver arowana, two 7" datnoid, three 8" wide bar silver$, a 12" male marble motoro ray sharing a 150 gal with 13 other fishes, as long as they can't fit their month, you are okay

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store