platinum gator gars

monsterkeeper87

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2013
England
Would WTT make them that white? All the other fish I have seen people say are WTT arn't that white and still have some patterning? I can only see a few spots on 1 of the dorsals?

Everything seems to be WTT ATM :(

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

LuluB916

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2013
United States
Doesn't look like WTT from the pics and legit platinum. Now, the question is: are you really going to receive the fish in the picture or a WTT?

Most plats from SE Asian are legit most Americans get them from there. Heard of a few scammers here in the US using WTT to make gars and aros look platinum.
If you really want a platinum for that much $$$, you better fly to Asia and get it back on the same plane with you. If you can afford a plat, you can afford a trip to Asia.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Energy

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2005
Tropical Minnesota
This fish is coming to my aquarium. The seller is Kelson and has a reputation as one of the best around. He deals with a lot of snow alligator gar and the highest end betta's. Last "platinum" I bought was a florida Gar from Sittipat-YES I was ripped off. He sent me a WTT fish and never reimbursed me. So I am very aware of WTT. The snow alligator gars that Kelson handles are the real deal. It is supposed to land on April 7th. I will keep all updated how it goes from there.

Energy

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2005
Tropical Minnesota
wtt white tank treatment. They keep a normal gar in an all white tank. This fish then looses all its spots (temporarily) in an attempt to blend in. Then they (in my case Sittipat) sell you a $35 fish for much,much,much more. They might even offer a full guarantee on the fish-which is only good until they dissappear.

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Nice pickup Energy!...i missed that one on ab, not that i could afford it lol...i think it is legit and the price of 4k reflects that due to the spotting on the fins. Ive never seen one under $8-10k but ive also never seen one with spots. Just a guess

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store