Red Striped Earth Eater (Geophagus surinamensis compatible with indo datnoids

BBxB1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2014
Canada
Red Striped Earth Eater (Geophagus surinamensis compatible with indo datnoids

Are they compatible with indo datnoids I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section*

I have 3 datnoids and thinking of getting 4-5 of those so yeah thanks I know the temp is the same for both fish
Do they have the same kh and PH? Well I know fish can adapt to different Ph but nothing under 6 I guess ?

JayC74

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
Short term when the dats are small will work for sure. They can work for years though since dats grow slow. When my alpha dats got big, they got real mean to my cichlids and some of my geos streamers ended up missing or broken in half. This is way down the line though for ya if your dats are small. I had the mix for many years in my tanks so i say do it unless u got big mean dats

Both hardy fish, don't waste time worrying about the differences in need of ph, kh

Geos are eartheaters. By having a barebottom tank, your taking away they're natural style of eating (and that's sifting through the substate for food). Sand preferably (or very small gravel) is a must for geos imo

BBxB1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2014
Canada
I'll put some sand in a corner for them but I think of of my dats is a killer I got home one day seen them rip one of the fishes in half lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store