hole in the head

rajatariqmustafa15

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2014
Pakistan
i think my oscar has HITH but i read that they might be sensorypits its more of a whitish patch then a hole . i dont see any hole but pl could u guys help. the oscar is fine and its been likethis for more than a month. my oscars are also having lateral line erosion but it only happens in severe cases of HITH. what could be the causes of lateral line erosion. thankuDSC_0213.JPG DSC_0309.JPGDSC_0420.JPG

DSC_0309.JPG

DSC_0213.JPG

DSC_0420.JPG

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
I dont know a whole lot about hole in the head, other than its normaly caused by bad water quality. I suggest you repost it in "South American Cichlids" under cichlids.
Whats your water parameters? How often do you do waterchange, bottom vacuum?

Repost it in South American cichlids, and answer all these things here.

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
In the future please post this type of question in the Fresh water disease and Health Issues section.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
HITH is do to bad water quality and diet. bad water quality over time being the main cause. the cure is the opposite, pristine water over time and a good diet. I would also treat the tank with pimafix and melafix. this will not help HITH but protects against secondary infection.

noside

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2014
NJ
doesn't look like anything more then he is either bumping into something or making a burrow and scratching himself up. My Tiger O does this all the time he likes to stir up the substrate and dig a burrow just like my JD does and by doing so he will get a few scales either scratched or fallen off.

Top markings are his sensory spots they just appear to be a little whiter then I'm used to seeing but the pattern of the spotting is the same as I've seen on mine.

he looks good overall I would imagine you would see things like fin rot, cloudy eye general unhealthy condition related diseases before HITH comes into play.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store