Acanthicus adonis tank mates?

Oxydoras

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2009
West Coast
Hey fellow MFK'ers!

What have you all had success keeping long term with adonis? I don't want his trailers getting nipped at! I am going to be setting up my new grow out tank within the next 2 months or so. It is a standard 240 (96"x 24"x 25") and the only other "for sure" tank mate is going to be a Megalodoras uranoscopus.

Would any other pleco species be recomended? I know adonis can get quite territorial when larger, and I'd rather not have to deal with constant squabbling amongst my specimens. Having said that, the tank has a relatively decent footprint (though it is only a grow out for the adonis!), so do you all think that with multiple hides and visual barriers I would be able to do one or two different Pseudacanthicus? What about a gibby?

Are there any interesting mid water fish that would be sociable (again, no trailer nipping) with the adonis and the urano? I've been toying with the idea of a specimen prochilodus. On a bit if a separate note, has anyone had any experience keeping Polypterus (specifically endlicheri) with adonis? Having a bit of floor space to work with, I would really like to do some poly's. I have kept several over the years and know they are generally quite peaceful with anything that isn't bite sized. But back to the issue of nipped trailers, do you all think poly's would leave them alone, or would having them waved around their faces elicit a feeding response?

Oh the woes of matching species! :nilly:

knifegill

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
Oscar Tummy
Greg! Did you die? New phone number? Did I piss you off? The wife finally scare you away?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store