Dithering!!!!!

Herbiesmum

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2014
Grantham
Hi all, I'm new! I'm mum to my mbu and due to pick up my stingray today. I'm worried they won't get on! Both would be an expensive loss, however, it's not the money, I love my mbu very much but fear putting a ray in will up skittle everything.... Yet, all research says all will be ok. The ray is truly lovely and I want to do right by him too. Water parameters have been done daily....all ok. Tank sorted to please the both of them also! Apprehensive/excited/worried/expectant mother. Com!!! Help!!!!!!:cry:

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Welcome! How big is the ray, how big is the mbu and how big is the tank.

Herbiesmum

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2014
Grantham
All ok'd via aquaman45. Checks confirmed and everyone happy with dimensions sizes etc..... Just worried for both fish and I wonder if anyone else was as dithery! X

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
If an expert such as Richard has confirmed the suitability of your set up then i would say go for it. I have seen rays and puffers together before but it is always down to the individual fish as to whether they get along or not. Keep a close eye on things.
All ok'd via aquaman45. Checks confirmed and everyone happy with dimensions sizes etc..... Just worried for both fish and I wonder if anyone else was as dithery! X

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
I don't know much about rays but have had puffers for a long time. I would not put a ray in with an mbu just way to risky. An expensive risk at that.

scott s

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2010
Indiana
Personally, I would feed the MBU well before introducing the ray and move the decorations around to different locations in the tank to change up the MBU"s "territory". I would probably target feed the MBU 1st for the first couple of days so he does not accidentally go down and bite the ray on accident during feeding. Good luck.

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here

Herbiesmum

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2014
Grantham
Thanks everyone. I Fed kimbu before we left. Splat is now home after big talks with aquaman45 before we bought him home. We have separated them both with Perspex with holes in for water flow just to keep them both safe! I will post photos tomorrow.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
If Richard gave you all this advice surely you should have asked him about this mix

This is a MASSIVE gamble the puffer will peck at eyes or tail when the ray is covered in substrate

I wouldn't risk it that's for sure I know someone who ended up with a ray with no eyes over one night

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store