I am going to hell..

Libpete

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2013
England
Just returned an 8" oscar to the store as im closing down a tank. He wasnt entirely happy and hated the vibrations of living upstairs but I have always said a pet fish is a pet you keep for life. Total hypocrite!

I took it to a large LFS that has the best chance of finding him a decent home while waiting in a fairly large tank, but I still feel so bad about doing it. I dont know how some people return and swap fish all the time.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
It's not how it's supposed to be in the hobby but things come up.

Community Disorganizer

Candiru
MFK Member
May 18, 2011
Pennsylvania
I got rid of my 8 inch red devil the other day. He outgrew his tank, and the person had a 125 gallon. More room for him to stretch his fins so to speak.

I don't necessarily consider it a bad thing to get rid of a fish, especially if he's going to a better place.

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
I know your plight. I'm selling my bichir collection soon and my jags to make room for some Leo pups...depressing thought alright. You gotta do what ya gotta do. Don't feel bad

Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

the big kahuna

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2007
new york city
I feel you're a responsible fish keeper if you swap, sell or give a fish away knowing you can't properly house or care for it any longer. Yes it's tough when there's a sentimental connection, but as long as the fish is going to a good home, you did the right thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Hope_WA

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2014
Washington State
I feel you're a responsible fish keeper if you swap, sell or give a fish away knowing you can't properly house or care for it any longer. Yes it's tough when there's a sentimental connection, but as long as the fish is going to a good home, you did the right thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
What he said.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store