Ray eating one my crossbreed flowerhorn

makeroom

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2014
worldwide,uk
Got up to check on my rays n I see one my 3in flowerhorn head dam near chop off Then I see my female dragging something under her n it was another flowerhorn but to big for her mouth She's a real predator
Pic of first flowerhorn uploadfromtaptalk1396098916419.jpg

http://youtu.be/oMfOV8uuwK4

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
How much and often are you feeding? Might not be feeding enough. Rays are big eaters and are happy to supplement food if needed. Especially at night. Try getting some moon lights and feed more.
After video watch: from the video I can tell she does not look very full food wise. Feed more. Nice looking marble by the way.

Sent from the Monster Fish Keeping App

FishDog

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
B.G. KY
Sucks for the fish but awesome display of a predator in action. Out of all the rays I have and had one of my female marbles is my fish killer. She caught 5 pink tailed chalseus out of mid water and ate them all. Those things are like torpedoes but she was smarter than they were.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

makeroom

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2014
worldwide,uk
How much and often are you feeding? Might not be feeding enough. Rays are big eaters and are happy to supplement food if needed. Especially at night. Try getting some moon lights and feed more.
After video watch: from the video I can tell she does not look very full food wise. Feed more. Nice looking marble by the way.

I feed them 3times a day she never turn down food She just greedy really I feed them smelt , shrimp n pellets Honestly she's really thick
And thinks

makeroom

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2014
worldwide,uk
Sucks for the fish but awesome display of a predator in action. Out of all the rays I have and had one of my female marbles is my fish killer. She caught 5 pink tailed chalseus out of mid water and ate them all. Those things are like torpedoes but she was smarter than they were.

Wow out of mid water Its amazing on how they hunt n cover the food like a blanket

makeroom

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2014
worldwide,uk
I been reading about vitamin Can somebody tell me what's a good vit to mix with food

makeroom

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2014
worldwide,uk

Hard see but her whole back is thick at one day I was thinkin she pregnant uploadfromtaptalk1396112172192.jpg

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Yep in that pic she looks well fed. Might have been looking that way in the video just because she was puffed up a little

FishDog

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
B.G. KY
Wow out of mid water Its amazing on how they hunt n cover the food like a blanket

She would swim along surface got close then lunge and take them 24" to the bottom and that was it. She dropped to bottom so fast the fish could not get out from under her disk. She was around 10" at the time

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store