Congi emergency

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
I've been having bad luck with my fish lately and have no idea why. Something's wrong with the congi. It hasn't been eating for a few weeks and its a lot paler than it usually is and today during the wc it suddenly flipped out and was swimming all weird trying to get out of the water and was doing backflips and sh*t then stopped breathing for a minute and didn't move. I don't know what to do

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
what have you been feeding it? what are the tank mates? what size tank? the flipping out and not breathing happens to me all the time and some days my fish are darker than others. However it could also be internal parasites of some sort.

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
what have you been feeding it? what are the tank mates? what size tank? the flipping out and not breathing happens to me all the time and some days my fish are darker than others. However it could also be internal parasites of some sort.
It's a 150 with a bunch of other polys, aba aba knife and 2 armatus. And I've only been feeding smelt, tilapia and massivore. This congi has always been EXTREMELY dark and never got this light even on its lighter days and never for this long.

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
I would put him in another tank and start treating for internal parasites while you assess the situation. I can't think of another reason than maybe the tank is too small (which doesn't appear to be the case), or he's being out competed for food (which does happen a lot with polys).

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
I would put him in another tank and start treating for internal parasites while you assess the situation. I can't think of another reason than maybe the tank is too small (which doesn't appear to be the case), or he's being out competed for food (which does happen a lot with polys).
That's the thing, I don't have a spare tank big enough for him to separate him until I sell all the fish in my 55 sw tank. What meds should I use? I just put close to 2 cups if salt in the tank

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
well treating the whole tank wouldn't be a bad idea either just to make sure no one else has it or will get it. I am not completely sure on that one I haven't yet treated for internal parasites so can't say what meds to use from experience. Something else it could be is a fungus of some sort. I had a poly that looked amazing and when it got the fungus it lost almost all it's color. I treated it with pima fix and it was fine after about 4-5 days. I would just keep a close eye on him and inspect him to see if you see any damage on his body or any parasites or anything abnormal.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store