Gulper Catfish tank

ericmagnus

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2014
Manila, Philippines
Just bought a gulper cat. This is going to be exciting. A 50 gal tank just for the fat lil guy. In still setting up his new home. For now, i put in angelfishes to help with the cycling

First up is water logging that friggin driftwood hehe
uploadfromtaptalk1396161921758.jpg

ericmagnus

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2014
Manila, Philippines
The angel fish probably won't make it through the entire cycle
I think they will. They've been there for a week now. All are healthy and are eating well. I did a fishless cycle for a week before that. Now, when the gulper finally moves in nextweek, thats a different question hahaha but i do hope i can comm the black angels with the gulper

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Gulper will without a DOUBT eat the angels. They look like veils to me which means they're even slower than regular angels. Gulper will just wait until they get close then say goodbye to them. Some people may have more docile ones that will put up with tankmates but if I were you I'd just do 2 gulper so with no other tankmates.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK

houie925

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2008
Manteca, California
I'm more concerned about the gulper's health once it gets moved in. I hear they're a bit sensitive and a couple weeks isn't usually long enough for a complete cycle. Did you seed the tank with media from an established one? Are you testing ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate to ensure the tank is cycled before the gulper gets moved in?

Hope all goes well and I'll be looking forward to pics.

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
Gulper will without a DOUBT eat the angels. They look like veils to me which means they're even slower than regular angels. Gulper will just wait until they get close then say goodbye to them. Some people may have more docile ones that will put up with tankmates but if I were you I'd just do 2 gulper so with no other tankmates.
Some of these Gulpers are very lazy, if i remember correctly, i think i read of people having them with goldfish, that were feeders, they didnt eat. Dont know if this is true tho.

festaedan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2013
Maryland
My gulper is a killer! He'll eat anything he can fit in his mouth.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store