Beardie won't eat

StevieTheG

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2012
New Jersey
Need advice. I have two female juvenile beardies. One eats good and has normal growth but the other shows no interest in eating. Crickets walk by her and crawl on her and she doesn't eat them. She won't eat mealworms or wax worms. I believe she's eating her veggies though but she's super skinny and I'm worried. What can I get her to ensure she'll get nutrition? I have jivi pellets and calcium for them. They're in a 20 long right now. I tried removing the larger Beardie but couldn't tell if the skinny one ate. Also, I went away on a cruise about a month ago, let the gfs mom take care of them for two weeks, and it was the reverse. The now larger Beardie didn't eat but the skinny one did. Idk if it's stress or not. I'm setting up a separate tank. Sorry if this post is all over the place but I'm about to head to my pet store to try and find something to feed her. Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

crayfishguy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2010
Houston texas
I would definately seperate them. How is the enclosure set up? include temps, # of hides, substrate, etc

FunWow!

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2008
Rhode Island
How big are they? Do you give them enough water daily? What kind of heat light do you use? What's the wattage??? Spot or flood? Do you use the calcium powder? Do you dust both veggies and bugs? Have you tried force feeding?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store