Hatchling Trough

fraustdemon

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2011
Georgia
So my Axolotls have gifted me with almost 600 eggs this go round and my old system of plastic shoe box tubs for growout isnt up to this task.

I have limited floor space (2 bedroom apartment with multiple tanks, a significant other, and stuff), so my current solution is to mount a trough over my 125 gallon axolotl tank and tie it into that system for easy water changes.

So my question is:

Short of me scratchbuilding an acrylic tank just for this (which is a possibility, but i'm a bit overworked and overloaded with my recent move to this apartment), what prebuilt options are out there? Its got to fit inside of a 72x18 footprint. only needs to be about 5" deep. I have about a week and a half to complete this before the little buggers start hatching out.

fraustdemon

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2011
Georgia
Thanks for the thoughts everyone. I've decided to go with vinyl rain gutters. Currently working on the plumbing/stand. Its all going to mount over my 125 gallon Axolotl tank and tie in to the existing system for filtration.

Working as fast as a full work schedule and moving will let me.
tuaaibl.jpg

tuaaibl.jpg

Jag586

Piranha
MFK Member
May 28, 2012
st clair shores
So what's the theory behind the rain gutters? Water can still circulate from the main tank in them? Do you put the parents in there to drop off the fry? Or just net the fry and drop them in? Or am I missing it all together

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store