Cloudy Water

WaT3rW0lF

Feeder Fish
Mar 30, 2014
Amarillo, TX
Hello everyone,
First post here. I've been keeping Africans (Cichlids) for over 12 years now & about 1 year ago finally upgraded to a 120gal tank. This tank has been running with 2 Aqueon QuietFlow 55/75, & a C-360 Canister from my old 75gal. I do a 75% water change once per week & a 30% water change the middle of the week. I've always been able to get my water absalutly crystal clear in my 75 but can't quite get it there in the 120. My substrate is sand (Diameter of sugar) with Texas Holly rock, & some old rock that I had in my wives flower bed. All of perimeters are good, & Im all out of ideas, all help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
The WaT3rW0lf~

WaT3rW0lF

Feeder Fish
Mar 30, 2014
Amarillo, TX
Media in the Canister is 1st Polishing pad(Pillow Stuffing) & Ceramics, 2nd Bio Balls, 3rd Carbon, & 4th standard filter foam.
Stock: About 40 mixed Haps & Peacocks

ZEROPILOT

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2013
South east Florida
That's a lot of water changes.

sabmakj21

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2014
Hawaii
That's a lot of water changes.
+1. Why a 75% WC and then 30%? Your old set up may have been able to handle that drastic of a water change but on a different tank conditons might be different amd maybe you're killing some BB as well as affecting the water chemistry doing that much of a change. If that tank is not seriously overstocked I think you could get by doing like two 30% WCs a week. Does the water clear after a day or two? If not try adding some BB in a bottle after your WCs and see what happens.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store