Black Guy

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2013
Melbourne
hey guys
im new to the site but not really new to monster fish keeping
ive been forced to start over since i moved to melbourne, australia
at the moment i have a red tail giant gourami and a gold spot pleco.......there's alot of space in the tank but i dont know what fish i should get......any recommendations?
IMAG0979.jpgIMAG0930.jpg
also i wanna get a datnoid or a bichir, can some please tell me where i'd be able to get a juvenile for cheap in australia
thanks guys:feedback:

IMAG0979.jpg

IMAG0930.jpg

ReisAntonio

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 10, 2012
Lisbon
What are the dimensions of the aquarium?? If you have a large width I´d probable sell the pleco and try to get some sort of stingray and appropriate sand for it. Then try to get an Arowana and a channa pleuropthalma in my opinion. You would have the top of the aquarium with the Arowana and the Gourami the middle with the Datnoid and the Channa pleuropthalma and the bottom with the stingray

Black Guy

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2013
Melbourne
thanks man but snakeheads are really hard to get in australia p.s. they are illegal
same with arowanas
and i cant get a stingray since my tank isnt that wide

EMI93M

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2006
australia
Hi mate ... I too live in OZ (Sydney Australia ) and have the same fish in my 6x2x2 a 12cm pink gg and a sailfin pleco and understand how hard it is to get any off the species mentioned here on this site. I have added 3 Tinfoil Barbs to ad movement in the tank and have been getting prices on Silver Arrows but they all want 1K when you can find them. Sting rays are availbale at the moment but I share the same problem my tank is not the right size and i really dont wont to remove 80 odd kilos of gravel.
I know I havent been much help but i share the same issues with you but i guess when our GIANNT GOURAMIS reach 16" to 20" inches the tank wont look so bare. lol

Regards Mick

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store