pricing of arowana?

Amber n The Boss

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2014
Toledo, Ohio
I have fallen in love with an Arowana at my LFS but I'm a little hesitate on his price. Hoping someone can tell me your thoughts on it. First let me say I'm not sure exactly what type he is. I actually know very little about this fish but now I'm extremely intrigued to learn. I would have never guessed there were so many types to chose from until I have been reading through this forum to find out more about them. The one in question is somewhere around 2' and he has a golden color to him but that could be due to lighting. He is priced at $400. Is this a fair price based off what little info I could give you? I didn't ask my LFS much about him bc the more I get to know the more I want him. So I'm not trying to jump the gun on this otherwise he'd already be home with me...lol Thanks - Amber

RBoydIV

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2013
Columbus, Ohio
$400 for any aro besides some odd morph or Asian would be too much in my opinion at that's size. If you you live in the US you can pretty much scratch Asian off the list since they are illegal. The only aro besides a morph or Asian would be a black or lei at a much bigger size that would be near that price. Just ask the LFS what he is you can get a much better idea. A 2" yellow looking aro could be a platinum silver which would make sense for the big price tag. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my XT1080 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Take a picture and post it

Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

AquataHolic420

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2006
Neeeew Hampshaaa
Baby black arowana have a black body and a gold/yellow streak down the sides. Is that what you see?? Regardless 400$ is a lot. go to a vendor on here, or aquabid.com

RBoydIV

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2013
Columbus, Ohio
I see it says two feet now not two inches. makes a bit more sense. Still a lot of money.

Sent from my XT1080 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Amber n The Boss

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2014
Toledo, Ohio
I stopped in the LFS and asked about the Arrowana. He is a male and a Jardini and roughly 18 to 20 inches long. She said he will reach full size at 24 inches. So he's just about full grown. At least now I can research his kind a lot better. How does this price stand up now with the correct info? Thanks - Amber

sabmakj21

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2014
Hawaii
Maybe a Gold Australian Jardini? One of the more expensive legal Arowanas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

AquataHolic420

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2006
Neeeew Hampshaaa
I would only spend that on a color variant or a Lei. But the real question is, is it worth 400 of YOUR dollars? If so, get it, if you can house it

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Arowana grow very rapidly. Do your research, know what you are buying and what you'll begetting into. Then buy a small one and raise it properly.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store