front pepole

john C

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2007
ohio
I am setting up a 300 gal I want manly front's but I also want some leleupi and brichardi. Is this a good combo and if so witch front would you recommend.
thanks
John

evojoey

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2008
Turnersville, South Jersey
300 gallons is a nice sized tank for fronts. But they will eat leleupi and brichardi. It's not a matter of if, but when. Large comps would do well with the fronts. And you can put some synodontis catfish in there as well. As far as what type of fronts, that's up to you. My personal favorite is Cyphotilapia gibberosa (Kapampa). Good luck with the tank.

chopsteeks

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2013
Denver
How big are the Fronts ?

My experience mixing Fronts with Brichardis.....not too great.

Had 3-4" Fronts with 2-3" Brichardis. After the Brichardis staked out one side of the 125 gallons as a pair started to spawn, the docile Fronts started getting nips and torn fins. The Fronts will continue to swim around that side of the tank and the male Brichardi was getting meaner.

Finally took the Brichardis out as wound from some Fronts was getting ugly.

poppalina

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2010
Boston
Most people that keep Fronts believe they should be kept alone, if your interest is in breeding then I agree to keep them alone. If you want a nice display tank, most perfer the blue Ziares but they come at a cost. Syno Petrocola is a good cat to keep with them, in a 300 I would probably get a dozen and watch them zoom around the tank. Calvus/ Comps. work really well also get adults as they take forever to grow. Bentho. Tricoti would be a good fish for the upper level of the tank if you can find them. Right now in my 180 I have 9 Mobas, 5 Black Calvus Congo, 5 Jumbo Cyprochromis Kabogo, 6 Syno petrocola cats, a galaxy Pleco and a leopard frog Pleco. My Fronts have shown no aggression towards any of the tank mates and my males are 14" and 10". However I tried Kilesa and that ended bad as they went in the tank scared and nervous and the Fronts predatory instinct kicked in and they wiped them out. I'm no saying to do what I do as The colony of Fronts you get may be eat anything that hits the tank and one day I could find that they decided to eat my Cyps. image.jpg

image.jpg

Ash

I dum care =]
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2005
Tampa
I wouldn't, my fronts have beat up or eaten things from the 2" range all the way to the 5" range. My birchardis didn't last long in there, neither did my cyps or pretty much anything else out side of the one synodontis I have in there.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store