Fixing tank please help!

BoratNHisRtc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
England
Bought this tank, he said it is took weak to be used as a fish tank but is fine for reptiles ( lizard [dead] ) was £100 and came with an awesome stand. I know the stand is strong enough to hold that amount of water, and if there's a brace on the tank, no cracks and the silicone is perfect all the way around I can't see what else can stop this tank from working. wondering what one would use as a brace, not good at DIY (e.g. making a wood one or something lol) but something that has the same effect as like a huge g-clamp.. you people know more than me so please tell me what I need! thanks in advance. pics of the tank - its on polystyrene which has black paint on it (explains the bottom of the tank) I put the toilet roll there so you can compare the two and you can judge for yourselves how big it is.

WIN_20140401_221134.JPG

WIN_20140401_221149.JPG

joe jaskot

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2011
Clifton, NJ
The main reason why reptile tanks do not make good fish tanks is that the reptile tanks are made with thinner glass. To find out if your tank will be suitable for fish it is necessary to answer these questions. How high is the tank? How thick is the glass?

BoratNHisRtc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
England
I don't know if it was a reptile tank, it came with a lid with two strip bulbs ( not the reptile ones ) and no place for a heat lamp etc. so if you had it for a lizard, it looked weird haha, and for a snake is out of the question because of the amount of holes / exposed strip bulbs. 18" tall, 1/4" glass.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store