New to MFK

Vanica

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Hi Everyone

I should have done this a week or so ago as I have been patrolling around the forums that long lol. I am a new member to the MFK community. I have been an aquaria hobbyist for around 10 years now and have kept many different species of freshwater fish. I am fairly new to monster fish keeping although I did have some red belly pacu when I was young and didn't research how big they got before I bought them. OOPS! But I was fortunate enough to have a LFS owner who was in the process of building a monster 2500 gallon+ aquarium who happily took them off my hands when it was complete. My first crack at monster fish keeping is with a shoal of Red Belly Piranha. There are currently 8 juveniles in a 190 Gallon tank. I have 4 more in a 40 gallon breeder at a friends house that he is growing out for me as my juveniles are between 2-3 inches long and those 4 are only about 1 inch. Any advice is greatly appreciated. I have scanned the internet taking every bit of information I can get but the best advice is always from people who have actually homed these gorgeous "monsters".

So far I am really enjoying this community and I have really come to realize that the members here truly love their "monsters". I look forward to getting to know more of you and being a member of such a unique community.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
welcome!!!

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Welcome to MFK, lots of great info here for Piranha lovers.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store