Datnoid disease??

tluong0221

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2013
boston
My datnoid doesn't look too well, but it is stunning like it normally does. I just noticed some white fluffy looking things in its mouth,I thought it was food at first, but started noticing it had some on its fins and body. It's mouth is also red. Right now I'm doing a big WC going to add salt and melafix. But still not sure what it is. None of my other datnoids and fish look like they got it but I'm treating the tank like they do. But I feel dumb testing something I don't know what it is:(

Sent from my SGH-M919 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1396406489193.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1396406512455.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1396406555713.jpg

tluong0221

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2013
boston
List your water parameters, ammonia, nitrite, ph, and hardness.
Ammonia is at .25-50ppm, nitrite is at a 0ppm, ph is at 5.0(but I just did a big WC) not sure about hardness,I need to purchase the kit

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
It looks like a NTT....no surprises there as they seem to come down with these sorts of ailments more so than the other dat species.Ive had them get similar breakouts before but you've mentioned redness in the mouth which is new and troubling.A dose of pimaFX wouldn't hurt either and then I'd do another water change and look into a broad spectrum antibacterial medication.

tluong0221

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2013
boston
What does it eat

Sent from my HTC One using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
At this point it only eats feeders, won't even look at anything else. Trying to get it to eventually eat blood worms etc but it's tough

tluong0221

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2013
boston
It looks like a NTT....no surprises there as they seem to come down with these sorts of ailments more so than the other dat species.Ive had them get similar breakouts before but you've mentioned redness in the mouth which is new and troubling.A dose of pimaFX wouldn't hurt either and then I'd do another water change and look into a broad spectrum antibacterial medication.
Yeah after turning up the heat, salt, ick meds the redness around the mouth went away but I'm definitely going to look into other medications to see what else I can tryout.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store