kiep

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
chicago, il
uploadfromtaptalk1396408091720.jpg
Do you think I should add more support?
8'x16"tallx36"deep.
I will have pbass n IT in it. Should they be ok?
Perfect for rays.
Sent from my HTC One using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

blindkiller85

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2013
Orlando, FL
I can't tell from the picture, but if I'm seeing it correctly, yes I would. When I built my stand for my 120 I used 2 vertical supports on the inside of the squares and 2 vertical supports inbetween the squares for each corner. Granted with an 8 ft span it looks like you have the correct spacing, just need more in my opinion. Might want to also consider a diagonal brace on each 36" end to help reduce flexing, but I'm not sure without being there and working with the frame myself.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
I would add L brackets to all the inside corners and then one long diagonal brace across the back, spanning 2 of the longest corners. Check out my DIY stand on the link in my sig below.

Ocean Railroader

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2010
Richmond VA
I think it needs about eight more support beams with them spaced in between each of the existing supports along with some side bracing to keep it from moving side to side.

How many gallons is this tank? Was it custom made or did it come from a store?

MarineMike

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2014
Southern California
Tank seems a bit shallow for PB and I'd add a few more supports as others suggested. I don't see any lids for the tank, PB are jumpers and would be easily startled with the height of the top of the tank. Just suggestions I'm no expert.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store