Can someone tell me what this is

Bstark621

Feeder Fish
Apr 2, 2014
Utah
I was just given this little guy and I'm not exactly sure what it is. It has orange tipped fins which don't really show up in the picture. Is it a jack dempsey? That's my best guess.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Bstark621

Feeder Fish
Apr 2, 2014
Utah
Awesome! Thanks so much. I had a couple EBJDs about a year ago. They were only about an inch and half and didn't live past 5 months of me having them. Please tell the regular Jds are easier to take care of!? Are they fast growers? Right now I have it in with two rather aggressive blood parrots, two fire mouths, a pleco, a severum and a small school of barbs and all seems fine so far. Do you think it will be ok in there long term?

Mojorisin138

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
Idaho
The regular Dempsey's will probably be a lot easier to care for than the ebjd were, at least in terms of life expectancy. Their a lot hardier. Every now and than though you'll get just a psycho Dempsey that kills everything, my brother had one. Yours will probably be fine. I would just watch the aggression in the tank from him or the other tank mates.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

INCichlidDude

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Indiana
The regular Dempsey's will probably be a lot easier to care for than the ebjd were, at least in terms of life expectancy. Their a lot hardier. Every now and than though you'll get just a psycho Dempsey that kills everything, my brother had one. Yours will probably be fine. I would just watch the aggression in the tank from him or the other tank mates.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
I have one of the psycho JDs. Such a beautiful fish thought that I can't bring myself to get rid of it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store