Enough Filtration for my 150g?

Dejam

Feeder Fish
Apr 2, 2014
Australia
Hello everyone,

This is my first post and I'm quite new to the hobby, so be kind.

I have a 5x2x2 150g tank and am wondering about my choice of filtration.

I already have an eheim 2217 which came with the tank, which I'm planning on using in conjunction with a fluval FX6. I don't actually have the FX6 yet, but I ordered it from my LFS. I may have the option to change to a different canister.

As for stock, the tank doesn't even have water in it, but I'm leaning towards a busy African cichlid tank or two Oscars & friends.

If you were in my position what would you do? Keep in mind I cannot have a sump.

Heretik

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2013
The Great White North
All male hap/peacock tank for me. Your filtration seems okay but I would maybe add an ac110 to the tank.

Dejam

Feeder Fish
Apr 2, 2014
Australia
The aqua clear is not really an option with my tank setup. I was thinking more along the lines of just canister filters.

crxlsturbo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2013
Cental Coast,Ca
Hello everyone,

This is my first post and I'm quite new to the hobby, so be kind.

I have a 5x2x2 150g tank and am wondering about my choice of filtration.

I already have an eheim 2217 which came with the tank, which I'm planning on using in conjunction with a fluval FX6. I don't actually have the FX6 yet, but I ordered it from my LFS. I may have the option to change to a different canister.

As for stock, the tank doesn't even have water in it, but I'm leaning towards a busy African cichlid tank or two Oscars & friends.

If you were in my position what would you do? Keep in mind I cannot have a sump.
You'll be great with those 2 canister filters. No need for a aquaclear. I have a 240 and am running 2 fx5 and my water quality and flow is great. I wish when I bought the tank that the guy already ran a sump on it. But nope. No holes drilled for the plumbing at all.

Trust me you'll be good with those 2 especially on a 150.

Sent from my XT1080 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
Fx5 or fx6 are really good filters. You will be fine with those two canisters as long as you don't clean both canisters at the same time. If anything you can add a koralia powerhead or maxijet 1200 to circulate water. I have the same exact foot print as your and running two Eheims, emp400, koralia1100, maxijet 1200, uv, inline heater. It's an overstocked tank so I added the emp400. I would go fx5 but my stand is too narrow which makes it a pain to haul it in and out.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store