Newly imported marble rotting

stingray keeper

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2013
Canada
As stated in the title my newly imported marble is litterally rotting alive. Ive never seen this happen. He is in the same tank as 6 other rays, all of them in very good shape, 4 of the others were imorted at the same time. This guy was put into isolation in a floating basket since day 1 as he looked rough. My water perams are impeccable. ph neutral, 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, 5 or so nitrate on api test kit. Temp is 78-79. Ive been treating with melafix daily. Ive literally watched day by day the flesh just rot away. Ive been using a small baster to flow water current on the sores to remove all rotten flesh. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
I would say a bacterial infection but would be hesitant with advice on the best medication to use. I know Binox is a good bacterial med here in the states but not sure if it would be a help in this situation.

I might be mistaken but I thought Skynoch had a similar issue years ago with multiple rays. Might want to check some of his old threads.

jettefrances17

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2010
clifton nj
Had the same thing happen to me a little over a year ago... Didn't know what it was and still don't...first thing i did was remove all the sand.. I then dosed my tank with salt (4lbs/100 gal.) pimafix (1/2dose), and melafix(1/2dose). Disc rot stopped almost instantly. Hope you give it a shot and get the same results. Goodluck.

stingray keeper

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2013
Canada
Had the same thing happen to me a little over a year ago... Didn't know what it was and still don't...first thing i did was remove all the sand.. I then dosed my tank with salt (4lbs/100 gal.) pimafix (1/2dose), and melafix(1/2dose). Disc rot stopped almost instantly. Hope you give it a shot and get the same results. Goodluck.
Its sad how this was an impeccable marble. I will definitely try out this method. Thanks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store