U Shaped Tank

RaginCajun

Feeder Fish
Apr 3, 2014
Baton Rouge, LA
I'm looking to build a U shaped tank to sit above the seating area of an outdoor fire pit entreating area. Has anyone had success with build a U shaped tank that is all interconnected as one tank, not three individual tanks?

I've researched a few sites and almost all site say to create three separate tanks and position them in the shape of a U, but I'd prefer to have one continuous tank if possible.

I'm thinking it will be 84" Long X 21" Tall X 26" Wide on the sides of the U, and 64" Long x 21" Tall X 26" Wide on the bottom of the U.

Am I creating a headache trying to make this a reality? Or has someone done this type of tank before that could lend a suggestion of two to help?

Any help would be appreciated.

fuzzlebug

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
scotland
Doesn't sound overly ambitious, just get 2 pieces of glass or acrylic the same length for the outside of the U, 2 shorter pieces for the inside, a back piece, a shorter inside piece and 2 end pieces, the its just a case of putting glass on the bottom, and running bracing beams, like eurobracing around the entire inside then maybe sum center bracing at the back. If I could draw it up it would make more sense. If you draw it on paper like it would be in real life then it seems pretty easy

Sent from my HTC Desire C using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

RaginCajun

Feeder Fish
Apr 3, 2014
Baton Rouge, LA
Thanks, I have a concept in mind, just I've asked around and they recommend a profession build it since there is no divider between the tanks and I always thought it sounds easy maybe sometime like there needs to be a basic wall, but cut a hole in the side pieces to make it work. But I think my initial concept will work, I'll draw it up and post it and possibly get some suggestions within this post.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store