Misconceptions You Had as a Child

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
Title says it all. I'll go first,.....

I thought dogs were males and cats were females of the same species

I thought every single adult was really intelligent and had absolutely everything all figured out and that once I became one I would have my life all laid out before me. Holy moly was I wrong

Because of cartoons I thought the north and south pole had a barber pole sticking right at the most north and most south points of the earth with a sign that said north pole and south pole

I seriously thought girls peed, gave birth and the act of reproduction was made through their bums. (there are many things about sex that I had misconceptions about but unfortunately can't talk about it, too bad because there are some serious lols to be had)

I thought the pro wrestler, Sting, and the singer, Sting, was the same person because of their name

I believed the following was true from either a parent, aunt/uncle or some ignorant relative: If you point at the moon or stars, at night they will come to you in your sleep and cut your ear. If you get that powdery stuff from butterfly wings on your finger and pick your nose you will get a nose bleed. Clear soda (7up, sprite, etc) was healthier than dark soda (coke, pepsi). If you swallow watermelon seeds it will grow a plant in your stomach and kill you

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
About the only one I had was in the 70's when my parents mentioned we were moving to Texas. I thought all it consisted of was dirt roads and horses.

Oh, and that I would be able to retire from my Job.

Title says it all. I'll go first,.....

I thought dogs were males and cats were females of the same species
And I bet you thought all ladybugs were female?
I thought every single adult was really intelligent and had absolutely everything all figured out and that once I became one I would have my life all laid out before me. Holy moly was I wrong
I didn't believe this but it seemed once you turned 18...things got easier.

I also thought the big bang crea...no wait, that followed through to Adulthood...never mind.

Mount_Prion

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2012
center of the universe
Not sure if this is too offensive to say (I sure don't think so) but I dated a Nigerian girl for a while who grew up in Upstate NY. When she was in kindergarten, another girl walked up to her and asked her if her poop came out white.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
There was one time, when I was about 6, that I thought I was going to die because I accidentally swallowed a watermelon seed. I was warned that a swallowed watermelon seed will grow inside your belly and will ultimately kill you.

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
kung fu movies, I thought the sound effects were real.. ..once you were that bad!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store