Black 1' PVC pipe?

ookutoo

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2011
bloomfield NJ 07003
Hey guy does any one have or know where I can find black 1" pvc pipes and connectors? I'm sick of seeing my white pvc in my all black tank. Did searches and couldn't find any. HomeDepot Didn't have it. Any help would be grateful. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

fish squish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
United States
Why don't you just spray paint it black? Home depot sells this super cheap matte black spray can for 97 cents, boom! I've used it on various intakes/outputs, nothing died yet.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
You can also use krylon fusion spray paint.
+1. Krylon fusion is designed to bond to plastic better than regular spray paint. Just sand the pvc a bit with sand paper and apply. At only about $4 a can, its easy to do and works great.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Thanks for all the answers guys. Just don't know how safe it is to spray paint the pipe and have it in the tank. If I spray how long do I let it dry before Putting in the tank.

If its summer time (NJ), I would say 1 week is more than adequate. A lot of fish keepers have used Krylon Fusion with no known ill effects to any fish for quite some time. The less paint or thickness of the coating, the quicker it will dry. Also, for all we know, pvc could be leaching toxins into the water that we have no idea about, so what's the difference?

adixon816

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2012
Piscataway, NJ
Thanks for all the answers guys. Just don't know how safe it is to spray paint the pipe and have it in the tank. If I spray how long do I let it dry before Putting in the tank.

I spray paint clay pots and pvc black with krylon fusion and I put the stuff in the next day, never had an issue. The only problem with one coat is chipping. There are directions for two coats and cure time on the can for chip resistance. I have done it both ways but I'm impatient.

Sent from my HTCONE using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store