Piranha problem in pond

RCDV

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2013
México
Hello everyone, I'm currently having a problem with my caribe piranha (1) he/she's been eating some of my fish (one 14" TSN, two 8" RTC and aparently my three florida gars (haven't seen them for a while) my oscars are the only survivors and a pair of RTCs, thing is that i haven't seen my piranha since i threw it in (the pond has some kind of cave, I'll post pics later today. It's a +/- 8000 gallon pond)
How can i fish/catch it.. is there a way to attract him/her to me?

Thank you for helping

Sent from my SGH-I337M using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Go diving throw on your snorkel and catch him with a net. Don't worry he won't attack you that is just a myth. Unless your RTC's are 5 foot plus you should be fine

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Are you sure these missing fish were eaten by the piranha and not by other rtc or some other predator(stork, heron, wild mammals)?

Are you sure the piranha is still alive and hasn't fallen to predation itself?

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
Caribe are aggressive pygos..... Keeping piranhas with other fish is a myth.... They will eat and bite all fish even their own ..... Canabalistic ...... With that said like stated before pull a Jeremy wade and fish for that ***** lol don't worry about the line he won't cut it he will go strait for the bait

cassd

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2014
montreal
I'm sorry for your loss of fish but should of been somewhat expected I would also drain as much as I could and then a net or bucket if possible I would not want to catch my fish with a hook personally

Reactions: biggfish

cnel124

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2013
Bangkok
Steel leaders and fishing line would probably be a safe thing to try before training the entire pond.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store