What's the best videocamera for fishing

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Hey guys, my youtube channel about my tanks, fishing, and diving is really growing and I don't want to keep my viewers waiting any longer for some nice videos of me catching fish. I've looked at all different cameras but all have their pros and cons. Some things I worry about are: I get a HUGE fish that I want to record the fight but can't move my hands to turn on the camera, it won't be in a convient spot, etc.
so here are my requirements for the camera:

1) does not need to be held in your hand or on a tripod (that would be a nightmare on tight creeks).
2) not bulky or unnatural to he point it feels awkward to be recorded.
3) can be easily turned on, when I get a nice fish I just want to reach over press one button and it records, not have to go to a menu select these options, blah blah blah while the fish is spooling me.
4) NEEDS to be under $200 (just the camera), I'd prefer under $150 but I won't push it.

I've also considered a gopro since I could use it for diving videos as well but I've heard good and bad about it. If there is a camera I COULD use for both here are the diving requirements (fishing comes before diving videos though, I can always get separate cameras).

1) won't float up to the surface mid dive.
2) can record up to an hour without loosing battery.
3) I do to want to mess with color filters or any of that stuff so keep it relatively simple.
4) not going to make fish that see me think "what gigantic parasite is on that weird animal, I'm out of here!!!"
5) I cannot hold it the entire dive, pretty much has to be mounted somewhere on me.

again the diving part isn't necessary since many of you don't dive but if you do feel free to contribute.

lyfeoffishing

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2013
florida
Hey if you have looked and considered a gopro I would suggest that. I have never had a problem with any of my friends gopros although never been diving with one. We have thrown them off of pier/bridges throughout South Florida though. We even had one eaten by a snook off a pier once he inhaled it then spit it right back out (pretty awesome footage).
And although I don't have one (yet!) I should be acquiring one either for my birthday or Xmas this year.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store