190 Gallon Custom Red Belly Shoal (Pic Heavy)

Vanica

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2014
Alberta, Canada
I had made a post previously about this tank but I am starting a new thread as a *Timeline* if you will, I will keep this thread going with pictures and updates of progress as my first shoal of red belly piranha progress from Juveniles into Sub-Adults and then into Adults. I am open to discussion in the thread as well so feel free to add your input. Currently I have 8 Juveniles ranging from 2-3 inches long. I have 4 others in a 40 gallon grow out tank at a friends house as they are much smaller at the moment. My plan is to end up with around 8 or 9 when they are full grown, I purchased 12 expecting to lose a few in the grow out process. Here are a few pics from the first day they were in the tank to start off with.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Vanica

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2014
Alberta, Canada
a few pics of them after 5 days in the tank, they seem to be doing extremely well. they are very active and constantly patrolling around the tank. the nips in the fins that you may notice had all happened before I got them as they were in a very small tank in the LFS.

IMG_6828.JPG

IMG_6838.JPG

IMG_6843.JPG

Vanica

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2014
Alberta, Canada
a couple more pics from yesterday.

IMG_6858.JPG

IMG_6862.JPG

Vanica

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2014
Alberta, Canada
I have been contemplating real plants but there is a common pleco in there around 12" long so I fear he may just devour them.

Black Jack

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2012
Chicago
should use a sand bottom. loads of uneaten food will fall between them big rocks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store