Moving tank ideas

EricJ7182

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2011
Jersey
I need to move my 75 and 90 gallon tanks and having trouble finding help. My family and friends all told me the last time I moved them that they were out. Does anyone know of a reasonably priced moving company in south jersey? I got a quote of $220 from one company-$120 just to come out and $100 per hr. Is this too much, or am I just being cheap?

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

RampageRR

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2012
MD/VA/WV
www.youtube.com
What do you mean when you say "move them"? Are you just moving them to another spot in the house or are you literally moving them to another house? Are they going to be completely empty or still have gravel and some water?

An empty 75 and 90 can be moved by one person, two at the most. If you give a friend enough prior notice, hopefully someone will be nice enough to hop over and help you out.

EricJ7182

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2011
Jersey
I'm just moving them to a different spot in the house. They will have to be completely emptied (except for the sand) when I move them. My wife found another moving company that will move them for $130.

jeremoose

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2011
Canada
I'm just moving them to a different spot in the house. They will have to be completely emptied (except for the sand) when I move them. My wife found another moving company that will move them for $130.

A 75 and a 90 are pretty light, your wife might be able to help (the money you'll save should be a good incentive).

Cloudk

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2010
Swimming in a mountain river
I say the wife should help. I'd help my husband if he was into tanks :) But its more like he helps me. He's a good sport. All spouses should be:thumbsup:

snake8myelbo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2008
ut
A 75 and a 90 are pretty light, your wife might be able to help (the money you'll save should be a good incentive).
+1 my wife helped me carry a 75 a 90 might be to much. You have any neighbors? A 12 pack goes a long way! :beer:put a add on your local classifieds or fish keeping site?

Sent from my C6606 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Hope_WA

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2014
Washington State
I'm a 5'0" tall fitness instructor. I moved a 75 up a flight of stairs by myself. You should be able to move yours with help from your wife.

corn fed

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2014
Nebraska
I agree. Empty the tank completely including the stand and you can move it. I've had to move a 125 on my own. Just stood it on end and gave it a big ol bear hug and waddled on my way. Lol. Good luck.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
Not too long ago I man handled a 75g out the back of my car and about 50 feet into the back yard and into the den lol! Almost pulled my back and then I just got two 2x4's and a dolly and easily moved it not breaking a sweat lol. Getting it on to a 4 1/2 foot high stand myself did pose some trouble but I figured out you just lift one end onto a chair, then get the other side up on a chair and the put some books or something to get it higher and then just slide it in! Way safer than just using pure force. 90 gal is going to be more of a challenge but its surely doable yourself. Just empty everything, even the sand lol! Thats how I moved my 110!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store