Marineland c-530 noise / vibrations

Dadwith2boys

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2014
Monticello, MN
I have just set up my Marineland C-530, 24 hours ago. I have it running after a very tough time getting the water to flow. With that said, I have a humming / vibration sound from it. I have shut it off, restarted it, I have tipped it side to side, placed it on towels, but I can not get this noise to stop.

Very loud and annoying.

Any other ideas?

Thank you.

noside

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2014
NJ
Is the filter flat and level?
Are the hoses left long and uncut or did you cut them so that there are no bends/kinks etc.
I have 5 marineland canisters and I think they are the easiest to get the syphon started if you have everything installed as they show you in the supplied dvd.

If all else fails check the motor pull it out make sure its seated correctly. Noise is going to either be cause by air or the motor bouncing around in the magnetic holder its installed in.

Dadwith2boys

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2014
Monticello, MN
Thank you for the response... The filter is level and flat. There are no bends or kinks. No DVD with this canister, however i read and watched youtube vids on how to start it and got it going.

I will disconnect the filter and check the parts.

Thank you

cjdesmit

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2010
USA, Indiana
+1 to what noside suggested. If it's a vibration sound it is most likely the motor. When air is trapped in the filter it tends to make more of a "swishing" sound.

I have been running a C-530 for about 2 years now and have had zero problems with it. Easy to setup, prime, ect.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store