New sulcata

aidenb

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
Canada
Just got him a week ago and doing great. He's off the wood chips and on coco coir now tho.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1396635580.186922.jpg

Tramonte172

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2010
My fish room
Very nice. Please keep us updated on its progress.

aidenb

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
Canada
As soon as it warms up, hopefully beginning of May. Living in central canada tortoises can only be outside for half the year.

Z Trip

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Canada
I left my softshell turtle out in my pond for only the warmest no the and the cool nights where bad. She developed a slight respiratory infection. I wouldn't risk nightimes.

Jag586

Piranha
MFK Member
May 28, 2012
st clair shores
Where do you plan on housing him when he's 24 inches and 60lbs? I'm not trying to give you crap I live in Michigan and want one so bad just can't quite figure out the housing yet. Just remember lots of warm soaks and feed good tortoise food to keep his shell nice and smooth

Any pics of his house now? I was going to house one if I got one in my 200 gallon for the first year or two then build a cage but decided to go back to fish in my 200.... Now seeing your little guy makes me think about draining my tank and buying one

aidenb

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
Canada
I have a laundry room that's 25' by 15' that only has a washer and dryer. The rest can easily be outfitted as an indoor pen for him to live in over winter. If I didn't have this much space available I wouldn't have gone with a sulcata.

Vicious_Fish

Here fishy fishy fishy...
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2007
South Central...
That little guy has a lot of growing to do, good luck with him! :)

I recently acquired a rescued 5 year old, 25 lb. male Sulcata. I'm hoping to start the construction of his outdoor home within the next few weeks. For now I take him outdoors to graze when the weather is warm enough.

aidenb

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
Canada
I'll get some pics if his home hopefully tomorrow. He's in a mostly closed chamber as high humidity is very important for young sulcatas to develop smooth shell growth into adulthood. He only weighs 201g right now so he's definitely got a long weigh to go.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store