Help with 240 gallon tank

viper0397

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
www.facebook.com
I have acquired a 240 gallon tank. As of right now it is not plumbed for a sump. I was wondering if an FX-6 would do the job as far as filtration on this unit or should I use 2 of them or would I be better off drilling out holes for a sump?

I will be keeping stingrays in here so pristine water quality is a must. Ism also going to put 3 or 4 sponge filters in the tank itself. At least that is what I did in my 75 gallon. 2 sponge filters and 2 aqua clear 110's. And 20% water changes every other day in the current ray tank.

To help with load calc I have 3 reticulated stingrays and 1 ghost knife as well as a few tetras to clean up any uneaten food. (Don't know how long the tetras will be around though).

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
I say drill it. Do it once and have an amazing well filtered tank. You would need 2 fx6 easy.

Sent from the Monster Fish Keeping App

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
Unless you have a non-standard size 240, it isn't a large enough footprint for rays. You should drill it anyway. A sump is a much more versatile filtration system and easier to maintain.

viper0397

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
www.facebook.com
Unless you have a non-standard size 240, it isn't a large enough footprint for rays. You should drill it anyway. A sump is a much more versatile filtration system and easier to maintain.
It is a standard size 8 x 2 x 2 I will be getting another larger tank later, but the price was right for this tank and it is way bigger than the 75 gallon they are in now. Also my largest ray ATM is only 6 in in diameter.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store