Paludarium setup

Skittle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2012
PA
Hi all, i have been pretty absent on the forum for the past few months with school and some personal issues. I have a 40g that Im making into a paludarium. The only thing that i am unsure of is what to use to make the shelf of the land section. Something to build up to have sticking out of the water. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
Looks really cool. What do you plan on putting in it?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Skittle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2012
PA
Thanks. My ideas now are possibly a solo wet pet like a big bull male convict or firemouth, or a big group of tetras, cories, and maybe a clown pleco. Dont know if im going to try and put something in the land section. Id love to hear any suggestions though

Skittle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2012
PA
Does anyone know if aqueon hob filters cant work if the tank isnt filled all the way up? Maybe the pump isnt strong enough? What could i do to get it working

chefwill

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2013
Jacksonville beach Florida
The water level needs to be higher than the intake tube connections or it won't pull.when I had the I would run it without the extension. Just the short tube to the motor

Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Skittle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2012
PA
The water level needs to be higher than the intake tube connections or it won't pull.when I had the I would run it without the extension. Just the short tube to the motor

Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
If the short tube doesnt reach to the water am i out of luck

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store