SEACHEM PRIME

Wenzo0o0o0oo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2010
usa
they guys.. i just started to use sachem prime... but i notice that it makes the water and my house smell real real real bad... i was wonder how long does it take until the smell is gone? or it latest until the next water change?....

Empyreal

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
I only notice the smell when I open the bottle, the smell should not infiltrate the house or your tank. You are probably using too much. Following the directions, it takes very little Prime to condition the water.

Wenzo0o0o0oo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2010
usa
I only notice the smell when I open the bottle, the smell should not infiltrate the house or your tank. You are probably using too much. Following the directions, it takes very little Prime to condition the water.
when i open the bottle i don't smell it .. when i open the lid and smell the tank... omg.......killer

Ulupica

Feeder Fish
May 18, 2013
Sheboygan, WI
What does it smell like? Prime tends to smell like rotten eggs or sulphur. I smell it when opening the bottle but never after that.

Empyreal

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
maybe a bit to much!
Yeah no worries just follow the exact instructions for how much to use. To give you an idea. I use less than half a capful for a 5 gallon bucket. It doesn't seem like enough but remember prime is very concentrated (as you can tell by the smell haha). So yeah save your money and just use a tiny bit

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
Yeah no worries just follow the exact instructions for how much to use. To give you an idea. I use less than half a capful for a 5 gallon bucket. It doesn't seem like enough but remember prime is very concentrated (as you can tell by the smell haha). So yeah save your money and just use a tiny bit
That's even more than I use. I do about 80% wc's on my 150 and only use 2 capfuls. I believe 1 capful is enough to dechlorinate 50g but I'm not home so I can't check the bottle. I'm pretty sure that's what I read though and it doesn't make my tank smell at all

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Sure its the Prime? Do you feed Hikari foods like Massivore, Sinking Carnivore pellets or Floating Food Sticks? Ive had these products cause a stench to the water but never Prime.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store