32" pacu, 2 x 31" pangasius and 2 x 44" niger catfish need a home

jojo_nature

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
leicester .uk.
Last chance for residents of Britain's biggest fish tank
53077ea52d326.jpg

Time is running out for the remaining pangasius, pacu and niger catfish in Jack Heathcote's mega-sized tropical aquarium.

Due to a shock, crippling electricity bill the 12x13x6' tank in his Nottingham basement needs to be stripped down and turned off, and quickly, in order for the owner to start to pay back the £6000 per year electricity bill, and avoid falling into further arrears.

So far Jack has stripped down and turned off his other large tank, a fish only marine tank, in order to cut the power usage, and started the process of selling off and rehoming some of the other large residents of the trop tank including Fly River turtles and South American stingrays.

But there are seven fish he still can't shift including some usual suspects, and poster fish of the well known Big Fish Campaign, led by the UK's public aquariums.

Jack is stuck with three 32" pacu, 2 x 31" pangasius and 2 x 44" niger catfish, and if they can't find suitable homes within days, the star of several tv programmes, magazines and newspaper articles on his tank, may be forced to take drastic action.

"There must be someone who can take these fish?" Says PFK editor Jeremy ***. "I know the public aquariums are full, I've sat in a room with their representatives discussing that very point, but there must be someone somewhere with the luxury of a tropical pond, a very warm koi pond or a decent body of water somewhere inside a botanical gardens who can take them."

"I can't bare the thought of these huge fish dying and I'll do everything in my power to publicise their plight and find them a new home."

"In return I offer lots of free publicity on both the websites and magazines I edit, free goodies from our gear cupboard and I'm hoping I can press gang some manufacturers into providing free pond sized equipment and food. I've just got to keep these fish alive."

"I think the volume of Jack's current tank is also putting off many private individuals from coming forward, although the fish would be fine in half of that 6' water depth if enough swimming length and width were provided. "

"And in an ideal world, once stripped down, experts from leading pond and aquatic companies could even advise Jack on making the tank much more energy efficient and who knows, his fortunes could change in the future, making the tank once again financially viable."

"Seriously reducing that £6000 a year electricity bill through more efficient pumps, heating and lighting could be quite the publicity coop for the right equipment company."

"But those fish shouldn't die because of lack of money. It's anything from being their fault. And up until very recently it was Jack who was taking in fish to be rehomed in his tank."

"Where's the Nirah Project when you need it?"

If anyone can come forward with any real, rehoming suggestions please send an email to PFK's editor directly on jeremy.***@bauermedia.co.uk

53077ea52d326.jpg

53077f7709606 (1).jpg

53077f75201eb.jpg

Cookie*

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2010
Northern NJ
mocoloco.com
"But those fish shouldn't die because of lack of money. It's anything from being their fault. And up until very recently it was Jack who was taking in fish to be rehomed in his tank."

No offense, I don't think they'd die of lack of money. But rather, it's more on him for taking in the fish in the first place, when not knowing whether he'd be able to provide a permanent home. You can't expect people to feel bad for his mistake, he got himself in that mess in the first place. Just my thoughts, no ill will or anger, I do hope they find homes, I just see him at fault in this.

Silent Bob

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2011
Plainfield, IL

No offense, I don't think they'd die of lack of money. But rather, it's more on him for taking in the fish in the first place, when not knowing whether he'd be able to provide a permanent home. You can't expect people to feel bad for his mistake, he got himself in that mess in the first place. Just my thoughts, no ill will or anger, I do hope they find homes, I just see him at fault in this.
Here is a little more information on the situation he is dealing with.

ElectricBlueSeanBurch

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2010
Panaque Paradise

Have you even read his story?

ElectricBlueSeanBurch

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2010
Panaque Paradise
I just thought i'd post this in here in the hope someone could help the guy

I know why you posted it, and hopefully someone will be able to help them...

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
I remember this guy posting in here about his huge tank and project.

cannot find the thread, though...:(

Misfortune is always around the corner. what a bummer.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store