My new Green Scats!

WinterAlloy

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2012
North GA, USA
This is a thread for the S. papuensis. The same basic care for all Argusfish. Though, they are euryhaline so they do move between fresh and marine waters regularly. One note just as a reminder to all, most true euryhaline species do not need an extravegant acclimation, unless moving from fresh to marine. While this can still be done quickly, the fish must have time to adjust its buoncy when going from fresh to salt; going from salt to fresh generally isn't a problem. Also, the thread outlines the general care for these guys, but it is not unheard of to see an adult moving in to the Ganges or post larval fry moving in marine waters (the new larva are hatched at sea then move to the river heads). One author mentions see fry grouping with rabbitfish and adults shoaling with tilapia.

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?558510-Selenotoca-papuensis

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
I had 3 in a 55 that I converted to full marine. They're really fun to watch cuz they're constantly swimming in their schools and they eat everything. They get really big though so I hope you're prepared for that

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

trillassgator

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2013
The Crib
I had 3 in a 55 that I converted to full marine. They're really fun to watch cuz they're constantly swimming in their schools and they eat everything. They get really big though so I hope you're prepared for that

Im hoping they get big so i can put em in my big tank with my 10"+ plus Dats :)

rmkblades

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2013
America
My green scat chases my dat around...they act like a typical salt water fish, attack food and aren't really phased by any of my larger fish. My managuense and odoe pike move out of his way. I don't think they know what to think of him, being he is like this odd squarish thing swimming around and know matter how badly they wanted to, they could never figure out how to eat him, so they stay out of his way. Super cool fish and mine has been growing pretty fast.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store