Ohio
Will the two mate? I know they are two different breeds but just wondering

hereticlosmorte

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2010
Ontario, Canada
they technically COULD, yes.
will they? it's hard to say. the mating might end up stressing the female too much if she's the retic, because she'd be much smaller than the motoro. if male retic and female motoro, maybe.
though to be honest, i don't know why you'd want to crossbreed them, as the value of retics is quite low, and would drop your pups value as well.

it all comes down to your fish really.

Mr. Allgood

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2012
Iowa
they technically COULD, yes.
will they? it's hard to say. the mating might end up stressing the female too much if she's the retic, because she'd be much smaller than the motoro. if male retic and female motoro, maybe.
though to be honest, i don't know why you'd want to crossbreed them, as the value of retics is quite low, and would drop your pups value as well.

it all comes down to your fish really.
The value of retics is low due to their likelyhood of dying. Cb retics are automatically worth more. There are no retic crosses so that would make them one of a kind. No one knows what a retic cross looks like, could become a hot item depending on how the pups turn out...

FishDog

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
B.G. KY
Who was it on here that had a retic crossed with a hystrix but the female either died or the pups were born dead. I cannot fully remember who it was. Think their name started with grape.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Mr. Allgood

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2012
Iowa
Yeah, grapedinox. They were still born, likely due to a heater malfunction during the pregnacy

Aronus

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2014
Ohio
Was just wondering.. Not that I want them too. I wish I would have bought a male and female retic.. But the motoro just caught my eye. Thanks for input

hereticlosmorte

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2010
Ontario, Canada
The value of retics is low due to their likelyhood of dying. Cb retics are automatically worth more. There are no retic crosses so that would make them one of a kind. No one knows what a retic cross looks like, could become a hot item depending on how the pups turn out...
agreed that CB will fetch more value than WC, but they still wouldn't go anywhere near even a motoro value. it wouldn't boost all that much overall.

Mr. Allgood

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2012
Iowa
Cb retics sell for the same price as motoro pups... if it is one of a kind, it is worth whatever someone will pay.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store