5-6 " Jack Dempsey male for larger Dempsey (Prefer male) SoCal 92647

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbold

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2014
United States
My Tiger Shovelnose just swallowed my female that is the same size, so trying to save the male before the Shovelnose is hungry again. If you have a large Dempsey you are trying to move and are open to swapping for a smaller one, hmu. Reply here please, too new for PMs just yet.

I'm in Huntington Beach.

rmkblades

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2013
America
Dude, that TSN is going to keep swallowing your fish. All you are doing by getting a larger JD is buying it some time...before it becomes food. I had a RTC and a TSN which I no longer have because same thing kept happening to me. I thought I was special and that my catfish would be different then all the others and would not eat my fish, LOL, boy, was I WRONG! Here are some pics after my TSN swallowed my puffer and my 6-7inch RTC swallowed my 5 inch umbee. Cannot trust these fish...they are hungry hungry hippos...it's too bad...because they are in my top 5 favorite fish list...

IMG-20140216-00004.jpg

IMG-20140216-00008.jpg

IMG-20140303-00001.jpg

IMG-20140303-00002.jpg

IMG-20140303-00003.jpg

IMG-20140303-00004.jpg

tbold

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2014
United States
Dude, that TSN is going to keep swallowing your fish. All you are doing by getting a larger JD is buying it some time...before it becomes food. I had a RTC and a TSN which I no longer have because same thing kept happening to me. I thought I was special and that my catfish would be different then all the others and would not eat my fish, LOL, boy, was I WRONG! Here are some pics after my TSN swallowed my puffer and my 6-7inch RTC swallowed my 5 inch umbee. Cannot trust these fish...they are hungry hungry hippos...it's too bad...because they are in my top 5 favorite fish list...
Thanks for the tip! I think the Dempsey he swallowed was barely small enough, but a 8-10" will only buy me some time, which is all I'm looking for. There's nothing else in the tank small enough for him to swallow, but I'll keep your advice in mind. I've intentionally stayed clear of the RTC because they grow way faster.

rmkblades

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2013
America
No problem...lol....just thought I would share my experience. Your larger JD should be cool for a bit, but one day he might look mighty tasty to your TSN, ha ha. Good luck with them, they are both great fish!

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store