Redtail and turtels

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Anything that fits in its mouth will probably disappear , your neighbours got any cats ;):D

catfish2007

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2014
Redding California USA
I would think the rt would try I have a 12" rt and I had to take all the bite size rocks out of my gravel because it would try to eat the rocks so I would think it would try to eat the two turtles

Sent from my Z750C using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

thebiggerthebetter

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
I'd not risk it either (I'd think it is a health risk to an RTC too - it will likely not have enough acidity in its stomach to dissolve the shell) but is there anyone with an actual relevant experience out there?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Gastroliths?

thebiggerthebetter

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Thanks, Oddball. Nice to know! Are you able to reference these off the top of your head? No need to look hard.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gastrolith A gastrolith, also called a stomach stone or gizzard stones, is a rock held inside a gastrointestinal tract. Gastroliths are retained in the muscular gizzard and used to grind food in animals lacking suitable grinding teeth. The grain size depends upon the size of the animal and the gastrolith's role in digestion. Other species use gastroliths as ballast. Particles ranging in size from sand to cobbles have been documented.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store