New to me Cichlids

Dixon81

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2008
Massachusetts
Good Afternoon.
This weekend I bought a tank setup that included fish. I made the purchase mainly for the tank and equipment. I have never kept this type of cichlids before and really have no interest in keeping them. Are there any fish in the video that stand out or are special in any way? I have no idea what the group or individuals are worth. Could someone help me with potential prices? I can take more pictures when i get home. I will upload a video shortly

[video=youtube;mJ4SJeZNvbQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ4SJeZNvbQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

photo.JPG

photo.JPG

pigoo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2013
United States
Thats a lot of fish in there. With no lid on the tank...be careful no one jumps out. African cichlids can be pretty spunky.;)

Dixon81

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2008
Massachusetts
Thats a lot of fish in there. With no lid on the tank...be careful no one jumps out. African cichlids can be pretty spunky.;)
That pic was taken about 10 minutes after i put them in there. My main concern was getting them out of the totes and back into a tank. There is egg crate on the tank now. Your right it is a lot of fish. I counted 32 +/- Plus that huge Tilapia, well i was told it was a tilapia.

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
Look like you have a columbian shark cat maybe two? They need a much larger tank and brackish water.

Dixon81

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2008
Massachusetts
Look like you have a columbian shark cat maybe two? They need a much larger tank and brackish water.

Thats good to know, Thanks. I will put them top on the list to find homes for. There is also a scat in there. Aren't they brackish as well?

pigoo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2013
United States
This weekend I bought a tank setup that included fish. I made the purchase mainly for the tank and equipment.
I know exactly how you feel. Almost every tank I have setup at the moment (7 tanks, 55gal-150gal) were complete setup purchases with fish. I've tried to get rid of a lot of the fish (all BIG fish...9"-18")...but it's difficult. So in most cases...I haven't been able to setup the tanks as I would really like.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store