Anyone play ESO??

Yoimbrian

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2013
Twin cities
Just wondering anyone has the same pairing of hobbies as me, fishkeeping and MMORPGs.

Elder scrolls online came out last weekend, and I really haven't slept since.

I'm a hybrid healer / archer playing for the Ebonhart Pact, who dabbles in alchemy and provisioning. I'm level 29 now, alliance level 3, lvl 47 prov, 21 alchemy (alchemy is WAY harder than prov) and all in all having a good time.

Anyone care to discuss the game more?

My gripes / conversation starters;
- I went healer partly to do a lot of pve grouping, but dungeons are basically zero exp so I just solo farm quests. Lame.
- I understand they did AHs in guilds only to protect from a flooded economy, but seriously it's the worst search system ever!!
-the w v w I did was a big Zerg on the offense only. Are there actually rewards for defending? In my time defending a keep I got zero exp, having this be the mentality throws strategy out the window and turns it into roaming zergs trading keeps for exp. lame.

Well see. I love the game so far, I love you can do multiple builds per character (if you get all the sky shards and do all the quests you have way too many points for just one build). Hopefully people keep playing it, I think it has potential but if people quit and they lose their income and stop doing upgrades it'll go downhill fast.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

darth pike

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
Korriban
This is literally the first positive thing I've heard about it.

Yoimbrian

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2013
Twin cities
Yea. It does feel similar to daoc ( my first mmo addiction ). I miss my paladin. All I had to do was brainlessly cycle auras and I never died. I remember a lot of pvp 1 on 1 encounters would result in us just walking away because they couldn't kill me due to my tankiness and healing and I couldn't kill them due to my crap damage.

The problem with so many mmos is they do new stuff that could be a lot better than WoW but don't have the 10 years of polishing. Most of the gripes are from WoW fans that are used to all the support stuff working perfectly. They don't remember the release of WoW, the servers were aweful there were tons of bugs the pvp sucked, etc, etc.

I have played every major mmo in the last 10 years (WAR and SW being my favorites), but I really believe this is the first one that could overtake WoW due to the game mechanics and skill system (true variety and uniqueness). IF and only people stick around for a year so they have time to keep polishing the game. But you never know, last I read the numbers blizzard makes $150 million per month for WoW, that's a lot of available money to do upgrades so no one else has a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
I'm into RTS type games (Armada, Starcraft, AOE). While I don't hate MMORPGs... I've never had a desire to play them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store