PARASITE?????

TheBroc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
CALIFORNIA
I was just watching my silver aro and notices 2 "thorn like" things on it. one right on its mouth and another along the top fin. trying to get a picture but its very difficult to see and get it to sit still. please help.

TheBroc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
CALIFORNIA
it appears to be anchor worms. now it says how to treat it (salt bath of some sort) but its kind of confusing. anyone have this problem and solved it? any information would be great. thanks all.

snake8myelbo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2008
ut
I.think jungle makes a parasite med for anchor worms. Take a trip to the lfs and.get some meds

Sent from my C6606 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Dimilin or anything with diflubenzuron works great, cleared my anchor worms up quick Thanks to aquanero's advice.

Sent from my SM-N900T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
there are several good meds for anchor worms.

But I would like to see a picture. Is it at all possible?

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
I have done salt baths. You just have to be very attentive to the fish while it is diped in salt water.

When you are ready for it, give a holler. will guide you through it if you go that route.

But first be sure it is learnea ( anchor worm )!

TheBroc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
CALIFORNIA
I purchased some stuff to treat parasites at the LFS. One is completely gone and haven't even treated the tank yet

Sent from my LGMS769 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
It's anchor worms. Treat with prazi but be careful with dosage. I usually don't like medicating but this was something that was not killed with salt.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store