African Arowana and Jardini?

jwowoski

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2013
New York
I'm picking up an African arowana tomorrow at my lfs. And I'm wondering if I can get a jardini as well. Will they fight? Kill eachother? Please let me know.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
The jardini will smash it up , even if hey live together for a while once the jar hit 8\10" there will be trouble IMO

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
You may get lucky but my moneys on the jardini , if you try it monitoring them may become a task

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
The jardini will smash it up , even if hey live together for a while once the jar hit 8\10" there will be trouble IMO

I wouldn't be so sure about that Africans can be just as aggressive as a jar

jwowoski

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2013
New York
I'm getting the African arowana tomorrow I've had silvers and jardinis in the past but I've heard these guys are different with eating... They're hard to feed and will die of starvation unless you don't feed them excessively? I plan on feeding him blood worms, ghost shrimp, and maybe beef hearts til he hits 7-8 inches. Is this a good plan? I have gravel and a plants and a huge tree stump type deco in the tank right now. The aro will be by himself.

jwowoski

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2013
New York
I have read stories and threads about people feeding them 8-10 cubes of bloodworms daily for 3inchers...? Is that a must need bc they will starve themselves ?

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
I'm picking up an African arowana tomorrow at my lfs. And I'm wondering if I can get a jardini as well. Will they fight? Kill eachother? Please let me know.
Thanks
Here you go...

[video=youtube;74BE-OBs7p4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74BE-OBs7p4[/video]

monsterkeeper87

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2013
England
I have only ever had a jar so I can't really say but I've had 2 jars and they was both really peaceful kept with big cats but 1 of them hated my bichir... But 90% of other people all say they are very aggressive so I would say maybe but be ready to rehome 1

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store