AC 70 or Aqueon 55/70 ?

Black Tuna

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2014
California
youtube.com
I realize the majority favor the AC over aqueon filter, however the aqueon is only 29 bucks versus 49 for the AC. I'm leaning towards the aqueon but would like to hear feedback on your experiences with both filters. Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Hope_WA

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2014
Washington State
I've been running two Aqueon 55/75's on my 75g with a heavy bioload for 8 months and they've worked great. The only noise I get is from the water leaving the filter cascading into the tank.

chefwill

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2013
Jacksonville beach Florida
I had 2 of the aqueon 55/75's with a fluval 406on my 120gallon, I liked the aqueons, lots of room inside filled them with ceramic rings, lots od space In them as far as h.o.b.s. go good flow as well.never used ac filters but hear nothing but good things about them as well

Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

MTBjake

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2011
Menifee, Ca
I have both and like both. My only complaint is that one of my aqueon 55/75s actually broke because of my male trimac. He attacked it one day and actually broke the clip that holds the motor on the filter body. So now I have a useless filter. My other 55/75 that isn't on a maniac fish's tank is doing great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

1eyedbicher

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2013
west
I recently added an aqueon to My 125, a friend gave it to Me so I gave it a go,I like it for the *reasons Chefwill gave,lots of room! I put some ceramic rings and purigen in mine and it works great, + I like all the extra plastic grid pieces for growin b.b. and the filter frames/cages seem like a good idea for customizing Your own media choices. My friend said it was too noisy....I have some thin polystyrene insulation between it and the tank and I see/Hear no issues. I must say though....I have never had an A.C. soooo.....whadoo *I know?*

Black Tuna

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2014
California
youtube.com
Wow, only good feedback from the aqueon, and at 40 percent off I guess it's a no brainer. Thx for feedback guys

Sent from my SCH-I545 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

axs377

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2006
PA
I have an aquaclear 110 and I must say it is noisy as hell. It moves a good bit of water, but makes a constant rattling plastic sound even after replacing the impeller. I've been considering replacing it with something else. It is my favorite type of hob though because it offers the most versatility in media selection.

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
You probably have a loose piece of plastic somewhere. All my ACs, I've owned them from the 30 to the 110 have never been noisy haha I've owned quite a few. Unless sand got into the motor, if you replace the whole motor it may stop. The piece that holds the impeller may be messed up on yours

AC>ANYTHING my buddy had that aqueon and he didn't like it because of the cartridge system and that thing was noisy right out of the box. ACs as have been said are versatile in the media section and honestly are a breeze to maintain

Sent from my XT1080 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store