New Trainer

GyradosOwner

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2014
Columbus, OH
Hey everybody, I'll follow the cliche suit and say that I am new. My name is Chris and I'm a 25 year old living in a tropical island in China. I am absolutely obsessed with environmental ethics, sustainable agriculture/farming, aquaponics and aquarium hobbyist. Here i am making a lot of money teaching and the cost of living is rather cheap, so I have invested a lot in raising fish. I originally started out with three tanks- two small ones for mollys to test my brackish system and see if I can get consisted feeder breeding; one with green spotted puffers for fun; and a salt water tank to hold shrimp and other saltwater feeders between meals. I then upgraded to a rather sizable tank and invested in gar (this one I identified as Florida Gar) and my friend purchased a Red Tail Catfish for me. Aquarium maintenance is rather curious in the island to the fact that there is not a universal chain store I can go to. There are many small shops and very creative rigged systems, with few commercial setups. The positive side is that feeders are remarkably cheap (and surprisingly healthy/varied) and it allows me to have more of an intimacy and personal knowledge with my work by having to go through great lengths to find and identify everything. I have quite a few posts I want to contribute- some on awareness, inspiring monster fish enthusiasts/defenders (please look up Lost Draft Productions- Coyote Peterson), and just seeking a community that can facilitate my love for monster fish. I am having a custom tank in soon to move my gar who has recently grown tremendously in two months and will keep the cat fish until he also becomes overwhelmingly large. I plan on having a second gar to become tank mates but not sure of the breed I want yet. Finally, I do want to eventually get in to working professionally with something that allows for environmental awareness and defense- I want to be able to teach people about these beasts to reduce superstitions and improve productivity. If anybody knows how to help me with that or just wants to share their own personal company/programs- I will gladly spread the word for you. Thanks everybody, and look forward to meeting you all!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store