metronidazole hurt non sick fish?

shelbybmc

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2013
Avon, NY
I have a hunch a my bass maybe sick so I ordered seachem metronidazole. I'm gonna try to soak the food again. If not all my fish are sick will this affect the healthy ones negatively? Someone has white poop and another has spasms. Not sure who has the white poop. Also fish are acting more skiddish than usual. Eating ok but not like they used too.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
It will not hurt the fish that are not sick.

shelbybmc

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2013
Avon, NY
They werent having the moist pellets last time so this time, Ill just soak it briefly to where its still kind of solid. Ill just do it for a long period. According to seachems forums its ok to go for 2 weeks at a time feeding. What do you think Tom?

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
I would treat the tank (with the recommended in tank dosage) and the food, soak the pellets and dump the whole thing into the tank. It is also common for fish to stop eating while on Metro some do some don't. So treating the tank along with soaking the food will help if they don't eat.

shelbybmc

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2013
Avon, NY
Got it man, Thank you. Ill do both!

shelbybmc

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2013
Avon, NY
Treated the tank and treated their pellets as directed. Didn't feed last night so they were extra hungry and what do ya know they ate it. The orino which is the sickest didn't get as much as I wanted but ill try again tomorrow.

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Sounds good stick with.

shelbybmc

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2013
Avon, NY
I usually tend to get my hopes up quick but is it possible to them to be getting better already? Two feedings and one water dose of the metro and my orino ate like I havnt seen in a while.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store