Very bad luck... :(

Larimar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2014
Mississauga Ontario
Hi everyone. am very sad having lost a few of my fish. Including two clown loaches. I noticed one had ich, so treated for that right away. I added a tiny air pump to the tank in addition to raising the water temperature (probably not needed as the temp stayed at 84f.) The first loach swam right up the air pump and couldn't get down. By the time I was home from work, it was breathing -then just died settled back on the sand. The other loach just was found dead after our treatment of ich- using tetra guard- at half dose. We had four guppies, and when we added five females- they killed the males off after having fry. One of those females just dropped dead the day after, but she looked like she was about to give birth. I was thinking complications with it. We purchased the females already pregnant. They were only in the tank a week. (In an all female aquarium at a fish store). The hatchets are fine. My pleco was very shy, but yesterday started being active and not caring about me now. So that's good.and this morning a clown was stuck to the filter tube ..fine now tho..
... But I am not sure what to do.... Donèt know if I did something wrong, I know fish are very sensitive..or if that was just bad luck. The water quality is always checked and is fine..my fry are doing well..I have 21 in a one gallon..and I have about 7-8 inside the tank still alive. 75 gallon tank. Thanks for any thoughts...

Yoimbrian

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2013
Twin cities
What are the tank parameters?

Also, sounds like you need to start quarantining your new fish. Putting guppies from a fish store right in with clown loaches is not a good idea.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Larimar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2014
Mississauga Ontario
What are the tank parameters?

Also, sounds like you need to start quarantining your new fish. Putting guppies from a fish store right in with clown loaches is not a good idea.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

All ph and stuff like that is tested daily and is good. We do have hard water. The stores told us there's nothing we can do about that, and adding chemicals to soften it can be bad for the fish. So I left that alone. We dechlorinate, check amonia..all checks out fine. When the female guppies were just released did I notice a tiny salt sized dot on a loach. So we started medicating right away. But since the medication the loaches went on a decline. I'm torn between continuing to kill anything left over(and in case the ich is killing them) or discontinue, in case the treatment is killing them. The treatment says it is okay for scaleless fish at half dose.
Should I stop the meds. We were going to do one more day and then a week after for one day as it said to kill any eggs.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store