breeding pair of oscars for sale in NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

minawibraheem

Feeder Fish
Apr 9, 2014
United States
hello every one ,
i have a breeding pair of tiger oscars that has been raised together since they were an inch big , i have them for about 2 years now and they have just started breeding and spawned twice already , i am looking to sell or trade them since they are becoming very aggressive towards the other fish and am done with the ugly divider in the middle of my tank , i am in central NJ so if anyone is interested please let me know and we can work out a deal IMG_20131209_075651.jpgIMG_20131207_232716.jpgIMG_20131209_075651.jpgIMG_20131207_232716.jpg

IMG_20131209_075651.jpg

IMG_20131207_232716.jpg

minawibraheem

Feeder Fish
Apr 9, 2014
United States
No they have produced eggs and it was fertile when I saw it both of the times they spawned but they ate the eggs the next day even though the eggs turned to brown or tan color am guessing because its their first couple if times to even spawn and because there was other fish in the tank with them and I say their first time because I had them since they where babies
And PS I know the difference between fertile eggs and non fertile ones I bred Oscars before , because I know people will ask how do I know that they where fertile

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
Just FYI, after one day, the eggs would still be tan, even if unfertilized. The only way to know for sure, is to look at their tubes. One should be fat and big, the other scarcely visible. Just trying to help you out.

I, too, have "bred" Oscars, but both were females, so I am experienced with this too.

Good luck!

minawibraheem

Feeder Fish
Apr 9, 2014
United States
but if they are two females wouldn't they fight why would they team up and start attacking all the other fish in the tank including me as well lol ,
the first time when i had the pair that produced fry i never saw white eggs , but now the first day the eggs are white and the second day they are tanish brown looks exactly like the eggs that hatched before from my first pair but with this pair it was their first couple of time and both would eat the eggs together while chasing the others at the same time i sold all the other fish 2 month ago and they haven't spawned since then but i think i would happen soon because they are acting up again , if they spawned before i sold them i will take the eggs out in a 20 gallon just to make sure that they would hatch , i read that they might be eating the eggs because its their first couple of times , i think its because of the other fish in the tank ,but we will see , thanks for the heads up man

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
No; if they are two females, they are just going to act like a pair, and love one another.

The easiest thing to do is, to see their breeding tube. You can't miss it, if they are breeding.

Hyperboy0

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2014
Bodmin
would love an oscar again one day, beautiful fish.. the sad thing is i only have 3 55 gallons, which isnt big enough for a pair otherwise i would consider a pair

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store